Pluit, Jakarta

- My neighbourhood here in Jakarta -

Well, I am finally posting a batch of photos from Indonesia (after more than six months of living here!) I would like to say the reason for me not posting earlier is that I have been busy with work, and do not have internet at my apartment here. Though, while both of those are true, it's really no excuse, so I do hope to post more frequently going forward.


This batch of photos is fitting as a first post, I think, as they are all of the area right around my house: my neighbourhood here in Jakarta.


Perhaps my favourite place near our house is the local market. Two of my friends and I go here almost every Saturday morning to load up on groceries, and have some coffee and snacks. After a long work week, it's the best incentive to get up at a decent time on Saturday. The people are friendly, there's a wonderful energy here, and the food and coffee are always delicious.

Pasar Muara Karang













Just past the market is this wonderful bustling street of restaurants and street food stalls that lights up every evening. You can get almost any type of food here from Nasi Goreng (fried rice) to various types of satay (including Satay Ayam and Satay Padang), Bubur Ayam (chicken and rice porridge), Nasi Padang (rice with various vegetable and meat dishes in spicy curry sauces from the Padang region of Indonesia), fresh young coconuts, Mie Ayam (noodles with chicken and broth), and so much else. There are streets with fancier restaurants spattered around Jakarta, but I love just coming to areas like this, because once you go to the posh restaurants, the food is just like back home, which can get rather boring. The food here is always delicious.

Jl. Muara Karang






Comments

Popular Posts